Panamanian companies are widely regarded as excellent business vehicles. They are separate legal entities from their shareholders able to engage in commercial activities in any country and are tax exempt as long as the transaction takes place outside its jurisdiction. They are also very versatile as holding instruments for real estate, bank accounts, intellectual property and all other kinds of assets.
BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
- They are tax exempt as long as its income is obtained from a source outside Panama.
- Shares can be held by national or foreign individuals, or even entities from any jurisdiction.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Corporate assets may be kept outside of Panama.
- The Directors do not have to be Panamanian nationals and meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
- There is no requirement for Annual General Meetings of the Shareholders and/or Directors.