A Private Interest Foundation is an innovative vehicle that combines key characteristics of corporations and trusts thus becoming a flexible, convenient and affordable instrument for asset protection, estate planning, confidentiality and investment holding. As an independent juridical entity, they are able to hold various assets such as companies, bank accounts and real estate.
BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
- The assets of a foundation are not part of the estate of the Founder, Council, Protector, or Beneficiaries.
- They are an ideal vehicle for preserving family wealth for future generations.
- Foundations are not subject to any form of taxation.
- They guarantee confidentiality and privacy.
- Low cost of maintenance.
- Panama foundations may engage in any legal activity anywhere in the world.
- They are not subject to inheritance laws.
- Foundations are managed through private regulations.
- Foundations enable full control and disposition of its assets during the life as well as after the death of its Founder.